From the Cheese Marketplace at Epcot®
3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup Kirsch brandy
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 pound Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 pound Gruyère cheese, shredded
1 French baguette, cut into bite-sized cubes
2 crisp apples, cored and cut into bite-sized cubes or slices
2 pears, cored and cut into bite-sized cubes or slices
1. Heat wine in medium saucepan over medium-low heat until simmering.
2. Stir in heavy cream and bring back to a simmer.
3. Mix cornstarch and brandy in small bowl. Slowly add to cream and wine mixture and let thicken slightly.
4. Season with salt and nutmeg.
5. Slowly add Swiss and Gruyère, 1/4 pound at a time, stirring frequently until melted. Serve hot with French baguette, apples, and pears.
Cook’s Notes: Kirsch or Kirschwasser is a clear brandy distilled from cherry juice and pits, used to flavor dishes like fondue and cherries jubilee. Other dipping options include lightly steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or zucchini.
What to drink: Sterling Vintner’s Collection Meritage, a perfect blend of four red varieties that complements the cheese blends.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.