From the China Pavilion at Epcot®
Makes 32 pot stickers
Serves 8 as an appetizer
Pork Pot Stickers Ingredients:
1/4 pound napa cabbage
1/2 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon finely chopped scallions
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
32 gyoza (pot sticker) wrappers
1/2 cup canola oil, divided
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup light soy sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 tablespoon finely shredded fresh ginger
4 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
4 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
Preparation of Pot Stickers:
1. Separate cabbage leaves from core. Blanch cabbage in a large pot of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft. Remove leaves from pot and plunge into a bowl of ice-cold water to stop cooking. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. When dry, finely chop.
2. Combine chopped cabbage, ground pork, scallions, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Working in batches of 3, place about 1/2 tablespoon of filling in center of each wrapper, keeping remaining wrappers covered with a damp cloth. Lightly moisten halfway around edges with a finger dipped in water. Fold each dumpling in half and firmly pinch the edges to seal. Place dumplings on a tray lightly dusted with flour; cover with another damp cloth while you make remaining dumplings.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, tilting pan to coat evenly. Arrange 8 to 10 dumplings in the pan in one layer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bottoms are light golden in color.
5. Carefully pour 2/3 cup of hot water into pan. Cover and increase heat to medium-high. Cook until almost all of water has evaporated, about 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Uncover and continue cooking until all water evaporates. Gently loosen pot stickers from bottom of pan with a spatula. Cover pan with a serving plate, and quickly turn pan over so that browned sides of pot stickers are on top. Cover plate with foil while preparing remaining pot stickers. Repeat with remaining oil and dumplings.
7. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
Preparation of Dipping Sauce:
1. Blend soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, scallions, and garlic in a medium bowl.
2. Evenly divide between 8 individual bowls and serve with hot pot stickers.
What to drink: A refreshing plum wine green tea cooler.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.