From the Mexican Pavilion at Epcot®
Makes 10 (6-inch) tacos
Chipotle Mayonnaise Ingredients:
• 2/3 cups mayonnaise
• 7.5 ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, puréed
Shrimp Tempura Ingredients:
• Vegetable oil for frying
• 1 egg white
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, with tails removed (approximately 30-35 shrimp)
Shrimp Taco Ingredients:
• 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
• 3 cups shredded red cabbage
• 3/4 cup favorite salsa verde
Chipotle Mayonnaise Instructions:
1. Mix mayonnaise and puréed chipotle peppers in a medium bowl until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
Shrimp Tempura Instructions:
1. Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil to 375°F in a deep fryer.
2. Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy and light. Do not overbeat. Set aside.
3. Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, parsley, paprika, baking powder, garlic powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add water and egg white; mix until smooth.
4. Add shrimp and toss until fully covered with batter.
5. Drop 6 to 8 at a time in hot oil. Do not overcrowd. Fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove fried shrimp and drain on paper towels.
To serve: Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of chipotle mayonnaise on flour tortilla and place 3 shrimp down middle. Top with small handful of cabbage and drizzle with salsa verde.
What to drink: Clean, lean Loire Sancerre with hints of smoke, gun flint and lime make this a lively choice.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.