Walt Disney was well-known to be a wonderful father, and we bet there’s a great dad or two in your life as well (maybe you are one yourself!). This Father’s Day, see how much you know about some of the notable dads in Disney film history.
1) In The Lion King, what does Mufasa’s name mean?
2) How many pups does proud father Pongo have in One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)?
C) One hundred and one, of course!
3) In A Goofy Movie, what is the name of the amusement park that Goofy visits with his son?
A) Wacky World
B) Hyuck Hyuck Acres
C) Possum Park
4) How many daughters does King Triton have in The Little Mermaid?
5) Kurt Russell starred in many Disney films as a teenager and young man, but which film features him as the father of a teen?
A) The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
B) Sky High
C) Now You See Him, Now You Don’t
6) Hans Conreid voiced Mr. Darling in Peter Pan. Which other character did he voice?
A) Captain Hook
B) The Indian Chief
C) The Crocodile
Scroll down to see how you did!
1) B – “Mufasa” means “king” in the Manazoto language. However, Simba’s name means “lion” in Swahili.
2) A – Pongo and Perdie have 15 pups of their own – although they do end up with 101 when the rescued Dalmatians are added to the household at the end of the film.
3) C – The park is marsupial-themed.
4) A – Triton’s daughters are Attina, Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Adella, Alana, Ariel
5) B – Kurt played superhero Steve Stronghold.
6) A – Conreid’s versatility was really in evidence here, with two very different voice portrayals! The Indian Chief was Candy Candido and the crocodile never speaks … he only ticks.