Give your Halloween décor a little Disney difference this year with A Gourd-ious Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Nightlight craft from Disney Floral & Gifts that you can create at home. This safe and mess-free activity is affordable and easy to do whether a master of crafts or a glue-gun-novice. Whether your creation lights up your little ones room at bedtime or sits on your desk at work, you can be sure you’ll have a bale of fun creating this spooktacular light up pumpkin with your loved ones. Happy crafting!
You will need:
- Miniature pumpkins with vertical indentations
- Colored craft wire
- Colored or natural raffia
- Battery operated string of rice lights
- Assorted small bales of hay
- Ribbon of your choice if you want to make Minnie.
- Wire cutters
- Plastic water bottle with top
1. Begin with the raffia and place in the indentations around pumpkin leaving an additional 5” on each end to tie in a knot. Continue until all of the other indentations are filled and knots are tied at the top of the pumpkin.
2. Cut a 5” piece of colored wire and insert into the top of the pumpkin close to the stem. Gather the ends of the raffia and wrap around the wire. Fold the top of the wire down to secure.
3. Using a bottle top wrap wire around 3 times, leaving 2” on each end to twist. Adjust your ears to size them evenly for each side of your Mickey pumpkin.
4. Anchor the end of the rice lights with cut wire folded. Begin close to the bottom of the back of the pumpkin. Continue around pumpkin vertically in the indentations leaving enough lights to wrap around each ear and secure.
5. Design your Pumpkin patch by placing your completed pumpkins on your bales of hay and accenting with artificial or dried wheat and grasses.