The Floridian Peaches and Cream
- 2 ounces house-made Florida peach vodka (recipe below)
- House-made cream soda, to taste (recipe below)
- Florida peach pinwheel, for garnish
- Fill Collins glass halfway with ice cubes. Add vodka, then cream soda. Garnish with peach.
House-Made Florida Peach Vodka
- 1 Liter Ciroc vodka
- 8 fresh Florida peaches, washed and left whole
- Combine vodka and peaches in glass container that can be sealed. Place in dark, cool place for 3 to 5 days, shaking daily. (The longer it sits, the more peach flavor will develop.)
- To use, strain liquid and refrigerate. For extra flavor, juice peaches, strain and add to vodka.
House-made Cream Soda
For this recipe you will need a soda charger and soda gas canisters. You can substitute canned cream soda, which will produce the same taste but not the froth.
- 1 quart cold water for charger
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cooled vanilla syrup (recipe follows)
- Add all ingredients to a soda charger and add two gas capsules to carbonate liquid. Keep cold.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, split and scraped
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Cool.