Babysitters normally fall into one of two camps: terrifying old lady or cool teenager; Nana from Peter Pan breaks the mold. We’re not referring to the fact that she’s a dog, that’s not even the best thing about having her as a babysitter. Here are ten reasons why even now, as twenty-something adults, we’d be okay with it if Nana came over to watch us while our parents were out.
1. She balances trays on her head.
We’d be okay with taking medicine after this impressive effort.
2. She makes the kids’ beds for them.
Our babysitters never did this for us, and frankly, we feel cheated.
3. She builds block castles.
And is bothered when things aren’t in alphabetical order.
4. When clumsy parents mess things up, she’s happy to fix them.
But do NOT mess with her.
5. She’s great at multi-tasking.
Listening in while cleaning up is a subtle art that most babysitters will never master.
6. She enjoys a good cuddle.
A great trait in a babysitter.
7. She maintains her composure in difficult situations.
Even when being sent to the literal dog house, Nana keeps her cool.
8. She’s really good at sad eyes.
How can you say no to this face? How?
9. She has a keen sense of danger.
If Mr. Darling hadn’t tied her up outside, Nana would never have let Peter Pan take the kids to Never Land. Less interesting movie, but better parenting.
10. She does this adorable thing when trying to fly:
See? Nana’s clearly the best babysitter on planet earth, and possibly the entire solar system. Did we forget any of your favorite Nana moments? Tell us why you think Nana’s the greatest in the comments.