We Disney fans are dreamers. We do not discriminate between night and daytime dreaming. Being daydreamers means we often get caught thinking about things that are not the conversation we’re currently having with our friends, coworkers, family and the occasional animal. If you’ve ever found yourself in the unsavory scenario of zoning out and then suddenly being expected to chime in on a conversation despite having zero clue what everyone’s talking about, this handy guide of Disney quotes that apply to all situations is for you.
1. “Let your conscience be your guide.”
This charming Jiminy Cricket advice is both factual and vague enough to apply 100% of the time, plus it has the bonus effect of making you sound like a wizened old sage. Works as a response to statements such as:
- Where should we go for lunch?
- I’m not sure if it’s a bad idea or not to tie one hundred balloons to my pet turtle and see if he flies.
2. “Even miracles take a little time.”
Coupled with a pensive finger tent and accompanied by a slight frown, this Cinderella quote will impress whomever you’re talking to enough that they fall into a thoughtful silence to consider your words. Nod and smile encouragingly, and you’ve gotten away with zoning out scot-free. Works as a response to statements such as:
- Are you ever going to return those library books from 2006?
- I just realized that my right hand has never touched my right elbow.
3. “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
Science has proven this beautiful quote from Horizons at Epcot to be so inspirational that uttering it immediately causes everyone within earshot to forget what they were talking about and tear up, thinking of their own dreams. Works as a response to statements such as:
- By the time you turn thirty, you’ve had a full month’s worth of birthdays.
- Did you hear Bill got accepted to clown school?
4. “Not in front of the kids.”
Saying this evokes an immediate sense of authority. You’re positioning yourself as being firmly in favor of good manners while also buying yourself time by making the other person question what they just said. That’s time you can use to try to figure out what you missed while you were zoning out. Works as a response to statements such as:
- Get me your manager.
- Will you marry me?
5. “I have made the decision to trust you.”
This Tangled quote is genius because any fear of it sounding like a nonsequitur is essentially out the window. Even if it doesn’t make sense in context, people will be so excited to have your approval that they’ll totally forget what they were talking about. Works as a response to statements such as:
- What did you learn at school today?
- You still owe me $280, Bob.
6. “The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake.”
This universal truth from Sebastian will make your conversation partner stop to look at their life and their choices, and while they do that you can search desperately for context clues to figure out what happened after you zoned out. Works as a response to statements such as:
- Are you going to finish that?
- No, dad, I’m giving up your dream.
7. “Hang in there, Joan.”
Your good intentions will shine through invariably if you take a page out of Anna’s book and drop this line into conversations as needed. It also helps if you set yourself up for success by nicknaming everyone you know “Joan” first. Works as a response to statements such as:
- Do you have change for a twenty?
- I still love you, Gary.
Are there any more Disney quotes you’d add to this list? Let us know below!