If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that there’s nothing quite as “happily ever after” as a Disney Princess movie. We love them so much we wanted to know more about them, so we did some proverbial digging and unearthed some pretty awesome facts about our favorite films. What facts? Well, these:
1. In Beauty and the Beast, the majority of the sculptures seen in the castle are different, earlier versions of Beast.
2. Dr. Facilier is the only character in The Princess and the Frog to refer to himself by that name. All the others call him “The Shadow Man.”
3. The running gag in Sleeping Beauty where Flora and Merriweather argue about what color Aurora’s dress should be (pink or blue) comes from the filmmaker’s problem deciding just that.
4. Christopher Daniel Barnes was only 16 years old when he recorded his voice for Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid. The producers felt his voice sounded much older than he really was.
5. 309 girls audition for the part of Cinderella.
6. 55 animators were involved in designing the character of Pocahontas.
7. Mulan’s name means “wood orchid” or “magnolia.” As such, magnolias serve as a running motif in the movie.
8. Over 45,000 lanterns were used during the “I See the Light” sequence in Tangled.
9. In Brave, Merida has 1500 strands of hair.
Do you know any fun facts about Disney Princess movies? Tell us in the comments!