We’ve all been there: At a family holiday party, face to face with people we love, but whom also have a tendency to drive us a little bit crazy with the weird, uncomfortable questions they ask us once a year. In an attempt to never again be left with nothing to tell them, this year we’re going home prepared with these Disney quotes handy for any potentially awkward situation:
1. When your great aunt asks why you still don’t have a boyfriend/girlfriend.
“I am not a prize to be won!”
2. When your grandparents wonder when you’re going to stop trying to make your band happen and get a “real job.”
“Find your humanity! Haven’t any of you ever had a dream?”
3. When your uncle brings up something political at dinner.
“If you can’t say somethin’ nice, don’t say nothin’ at all.”
4. When your cousin asks you to explain what you do again, because she doesn’t understand.
“My powers are beyond your mortal imagination.”
5. When you’re forced to eat some of your grandma’s jellied cranberry sauce and then have to pretend to like it.
“Slimy, yet satisfying.”
6. When your dad’s friend asks for a rundown of everything you did this year.
“That’s ancient history, been there, done that!”
7. When your 5-year-old nephew wants to play airplane, but has chocolate all over himself.