Let me start with a little context: Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie. Ever. And I don’t mean that casually. For my sweet sixteen I took all of my friends to the movies to see Beauty and the Beast‘s 3D re-release in IMAX. Senior year of high school I was voted “Most Likely to Become Belle from Beauty and the Beast.” These are not exaggerations. So when Walt Disney Studios released the first teaser trailer for the upcoming live-action retelling of the film this morning, it gave me some feelings. In case you haven’t seen it yet, here it is:
What? No, I’m not crying, there’s just something in my eye, okay? (There is nothing in my eye. I am crying, nay, ugly sobbing). Here’s everything that went through my mind on my first viewing of the teaser:
- Oooh, the Beast’s castle looks awesome.
- It’s the opening theme music! I have chills.
- It’s snowing! I don’t know why but this is making me cry more than I might have if it wasn’t snowing.
- I am not okay.
- Is that the ballroom? Stunning.
- There are icicles hanging from the chandeliers! Is it always winter around the castle?
- A glimpse at the Beast’s parents!
- THE PORTRAIT RIP.
- I’m seriously a mess right now.
- Eek! Belle’s opening the door.
- I wonder why the door is cut like that.
- Lumiere! Cogsworth!
- Ewan McGregor and Ian McKellen sound perfect.
- More chills. More tears.
- Emma Watson. That is all.
- Oh man, now they’re playing “Beauty and the Beast.”
- I am so glad I’m alone right now because I do not want people to see me sobbing about this rose.
- Our first glimpse of Emma as Belle! She looks perfect!
- Yes, I will be your guest on March 17, 2017.
- Is it March 17, 2017 yet?
Are you as emotional as I am right now? Share your thoughts with #BeOurGuest. We’ll get through this wait until next March together.