Maybe it’s obvious by now, but we love The Little Mermaid. Will we love it more when the Diamond Edition is released in October? Probably. Because that means Ursula and Flounder and Eric (swoon) will be in HD on Blu-ray. And, well, we prefer our princes in HD.
In anticipation of said release, here are the moments we love, no matter what edition they’re on:
1. When Flounder is a guppy.
Embrace your guppy-ness, Flounder. There are sharks afoot (afin?).
2. When Ariel doesn’t show at the big concert and King Triton is like, “ARIEL!”
And we’re like…she is in trouuuuble.
3. When Scuttle goes into vocab teacher mode.
We learned so much. He could practically have his own dictionary.
4. When Ariel just wants to be our friend.
We want that too. We can teach her how to walk. She can teach us everything else. (Coiffure skills, perhaps?)
5. When Ursula uses some sea flower as lipstick.
Why can’t flowers be used as lipstick in real life?
6. When Ariel flips her hair.
That’s some sparkly water.
7. When Prince Eric and Max have a cute moment…
…and our love for both becomes non-negotiable.
8. When Grimbsy does everything.
9. When Chef Louis is incessantly distracted by a crab.
Let it go. Just let it go, Louis.
10. When Scuttle attempts a solo in “Kiss the Girl”…
…and the flamingos are NOT having it.
11. When Eric tries to kiss the girl.
12. When Ursula/Vanessa reprises “Poor Unfortunate Souls.”
Chills. We had chills.
13. When Ariel hugs Triton.
And we all start to tear up.
14. When Sebastian admits he’s gonna miss Ariel.
So. Many. Tears.
15. When all the mer-people come to the wedding, and wave, and there’s a rainbow, and our hearts almost explode.
Okay, seriously. Can someone pass us a tissue?