Everybody knows a dog’s best friend is his human—especially Walt Disney World! Round up your canine companions because starting Sunday, October 15, Walt Disney World will welcome guests and their dogs to four resort hotels: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.
The new pilot program guests two dogs per room! In addition to easy access to outdoor pet exercise areas and pet relief areas, there will be plenty of Disney amenities and special touches to make your four-legged friends feel right at home:
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger so that hotel staff will know that your pooch needs some privacy.
- Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, an on-property, full-service pet care facility (fees apply).
- Coming soon—select pet merch at the four resort properties. The resorts’ per night/per room pet-cleaning rates are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
- Dogs staying in a Disney resort guest room must be well-behaved, leashed in resort public areas, and properly vaccinated. To find out more about this new dog-friendly trial program, contact 407 W-DISNEY or visit the Disney Parks Blog.
Sounds like a puppy paradise to us! Make your dog’s dream come true with the Disney experience—we guarantee both you and your pet will have some doggone fun!