The Dole Whip. How do we even begin to describe the perfection that is this gastronomical game-changer? Our Senior Editor describes the feeling of eating one as “a hug in my esophagus,” which is not only incredibly accurate, it could also be an excellent rap lyric. In an attempt to further illustrate the levels of pure joy that come with eating a Dole Whip, we’ve rounded up 27 thoughts we have whenever we embark on this pineapple adventure. Follow along and compare notes:
1. Aloha, self. Today is the day we get to eat a Dole Whip.
2. Today is, therefore, a perfect day.
3. The most perfect day. The most perfect day of all perfect days …
5. Is “enjoy” even a sufficient verb to use when describing such an experience? We need a bigger vocabulary.
6. Oh look, we are here! All is right in this beautiful world.
7. Decision time: Do we get the Dole Whip? Do we get the Dole Whip Float? Do we get both?
8. Okay, we’re going classic. Dole Whip it is.
9. Because we can always come back.
10. We could just hang out here all day eating Dole Whips if we wanted to.
11. That would actually be a really, really perfect day. The most, most, most perf—
12. Ooh, it’s time to order! The moment of esophagus hugging is nearly here!
13. Just look at the perfect Dole Whip perfectly swirl into that perfect shape.
15. AHHHHH! The Dole Whip is now in our hands. How many photos do we think we can take of our Dole Whip before it starts to melt?
16. Let’s do 3: Classic overhead shot; arty shot of holding the Dole Whip in front of the foliage; obligatory selfie with Dole Whip.
17. It’s time. The moment is here. Spoon is in hand. Let’s do this.
19. It’s so soft and creamy.
20. It’s also so incredibly refreshing.
21. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE.
22. Look, it even melts perfectly. Those tiny bubbles look like they’re gently fizzing to the soft melody of happiness.
23. Moment of internal conflict: We want to devour this Dole Whip. We also want to savor every bite. We trust that we can find a happy middle ground.
24. Because if a Dole Whip is possible, anything is possible.
25. We’re getting to that melty part at the bottom. Shall we do away with the spoon and just drink what’s left?
27. That. Was. The. Best. Let’s go get another one.
What thoughts do you have while enjoying a Dole Whip? Tell us in the comments?