Thank you for being a friend… and for this very special episode of The Golden Girls. In case it’s been a few years since you last checked in with Rose, Sophia, Dorothy, and Blanche during the holidays, we’ve got the ten reasons it’s worth watching The Golden Girls’ Christmas episode this season:
1. This exchange:
Rose: “A Santa is never off duty, Mister. As long as you’re in that uniform, the only thing that better be on your mind is giving people what they want for Christmas.”
Dorothy: “He was trying to Rose. I saw Blanche’s list.”
2. Rose’s sharp tongued comebacks include, “Tough Holly.”
3. The (always) necessary Dorothy death stare.
4. Rose’s amazing gift giving skills: for Dorothy, Rose made a wooden broach in the shape of a turkey head.
5. Not to be outdone in the gift giving department, Blanche bestows the girls with “The Men of Blanche’s Boudoir” calendar. Each month has a picture of a man who’s brought special joy into Blanche’s life.
6. Two words: Evening. Wear.
7. Two more words: Flannel. Wear.
8. We learn Blanche’s type: tall, dark, and jolly.
9. This reminder of what airports looked like in the 1980s.
10. Our favorite moment of all, the classic GG group hug while snow falls outside the window in Miami.
On behalf of our friends Dorothy, Rose, Sophia, and Blanche, have yourself a Golden little Christmas this year!